BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
B2B FOOD MANUFACTURERS
Based East Anglia / East Midlands
Basic c£30k plus 15% bonus, car or allowance, healthcare, pension & 25 days holiday.
Despite the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic our client’s global food business continues to invest in its future strategic sales growth objectives, and is now looking to further develop the UK sales team with the appointment of a Business Development Manager, for a selection of industrial B2B food manufacturing customers.
This 100+ year old European-based, high quality food company has grown to be a global leader through continued investment in its agricultural growing scale, product innovation coupled with an unreserved commitment to providing the consumer with great tasting ingredient products. They produce products in ambient, chilled and frozen food categories and supply the leading UK Grocery Retail multiples, wholesale and major food manufacturer
The Business Development Manager will report to the National Account Manager, industrial B2B food manufacturers, and will take responsibility for some existing customers. The role also requires you to take up the batten to go out and ‘SELL’ the company and product proposition into strategically-targeted new food manufacturing accounts. This is a role where you will have the leadership, direction and support to achieve success, as well as the freedom to use your initiative to demonstrate what you can do in both developing existing and winning new business.
You will be required to attend the Norfolk-based office c2 days per week, working as a key member of the UK-based sales, marketing, supply, finance and NPD team.
The profile required for this appointment will only apply to candidates who have the following background experience and personal style and therefore likely to be working in the food industry, in an NAE, BDM or Account Management role (others should not apply — sorry!)
- Graduate-calibre education.
- 2+ years experience of working in sales within the food industry.
- Experience of selling food or drink ingredients into food or drink manufacturers, OR selling own label food products with a high level of NPD activity, into any of the major UK grocery retailers or foodservice accounts.
- You have a natural ability and drive for working out how to win and achieve new business.
- You believe that your greatest asset is your personality, which exudes a highly enthusiastic style, with the determination to succeed through working as part of an open, friendly, cohesive team.
- Oh, and you have the ability, intelligence and ambition to move up to NAM in the next few years!
So if you fit the bill for this career-developing opportunity in an established, well-invested and growing business, please apply to email@example.com (or call Mark Smith on 07747 847214), quoting ref number MS/2147, sending your CV together with current benefits package details.
Closing Date for applications: 7th September 2020