Each application is reviewed in detail against the job and person in question and if you’re a good match we’ll then arrange to meet you in person to make sure it’s the right opportunity for you and right fit with our client. By the end of our meeting you’ll know our client’s company inside and out, and judge whether you’re right for the role. If you’re happy and we’re happy, we’ll set up the interview.
Permanent FMCG Opportunities
Our team will support you every step of the way during the interview process. We will organise all interviews, ensure you receive a full briefing so that you will be clear what is expected. As part of our ‘personal touch’ you will always receive very direct, open and honest feedback on your performance throughout the entire interview process and offer you impartial advice on your career roadmap and personal development.
Interim FMCG Opportunties
For Interim recruitment the whole process happens much quicker as there is usually a more immediate need to fill a job vacancy. Therefore, it is not always practical to meet in person with candidates first. On submission of your Interim application and assuming that you have the requisite skills and experience we will contact you by phone to discuss the specifics of the job role and your immediate availability. If appropriate, your papers will then be submitted to our client for consideration and interview.
How do we do this?
Connect with a Talent Scout
- Maria was fantastic throughout my whole application process. She was a pleasure to talk to and gave me excellent advice which I feel ultimately helped me to secure the role. Maria provided in-sight into the business and provided excellent interview tips that helped me to feel confident for each stage of the application process. Her support was invaluable, and I can’t thank her enough for helping me find the perfect role - Zoe
- I would like to say ‘thank you’ Maria for how you handled the screening / first interview process. You have been open, honest and kept me updated all the way through – it has been a breath of fresh air in today’s recruitment market – Simon
- Mark's attention to detail and application from initial contact, up to and including job offer was exceptional. The confidence he instilled in me for initial interview had me feeing, he ACTUALLY wanted me to be successful. His personable approach was so refreshing in what can be in essence 'a numbers game' for recruiters. My new employers also think very highly of Mark as he is an expert in his field, concise, to the point and a delight to work with. Thank you for all your help - Ash
- I found working with Mark to be a very positive experience when assessing my career options. Mark took the time to understand what I was about, what I was looking for, and then only put me forward for roles in which he felt mutual synergies existed. I really felt that Mark understood the businesses that he represented, but also me as an individual. I see Mark as an expert in his field and would not hesitate to work with him in the future - James
- I started my new job this week and they are a really nice bunch of people. Thanks for all your help and support Maria in finding me a job I know I’m going to enjoy - Kate
- Thanks so much for your feedback on my CV Maria, I really appreciate it. My CV definitely needs changing as I am getting little response for anything I apply for. Really value your opinion and thanks again for reviewing for me - Mike
- I just wanted to pass on my excellent experience with Colin! I was ultimately unsuccessful for the role I had applied for but I have nothing but respect for Colin and the way that he handled the whole process. There are a lot of sharks out there but people that work for your company are a cut above the best and i just wanted you to know that. The whole job search procedure is very stressful and Colin did everything to keep me updated and broke the bad news in a very fair and even handed way. I will keep in touch with Colin and continue to kiss frogs, hoping that one day it will turn into a prince and I will land the dream job - James
- From a Candidate who has worked for a major a FMCG business for 18 years I have found SmithCarey and especially Mark a privilege to work with. From the initial conversation by telephone and the one to one interview the professional approach has been first class. I have found my perfect role within four weeks of searching. The support and direction being something I have found very refreshing in the current climate - Darrell
- After arriving in London as an FMCG-focused sales & marketing professional with big dreams but few connections, Colin Beaumont provided invaluable support. Unlike the other recruiters I had worked with, Colin felt like a true mentor and supported me every step of the way. His eye for talent, impressive knowledge of the space and unparalleled network empowered me to land my dream job. I am so grateful to Colin and the team at SmithCarey! - Alexandra
- “I have received personal coaching from Smith Carey, this has significantly opened my eyes to unlock my talents and potential. Operating now at a more senior level, the coaching has allowed me to move from challenging our previous strategy to bringing teams together to help develop out future strategies and this is now the most rewarding part of my current role.” Clare
- A job well done! Many thanks SmithCarey for all your help and advice with securing my perfect role. Right from the initial conversation you identified my suitability for the company and the position. The company information and job spec was clearly defined which really assisted in my preparation for the interview process. You kept me informed throughout with honest feedback. I would certainly recommend you to both clients and candidates with the confidence that you will supply a best in class FMCG recruitment experience.Best regards, Ben
- I found SmithCarey refreshingly different, hard working and most of all honest. Most of this can only really be ascertained after the dust has settled. I was lucky enough to deal with Mark Smith which also partly explains to me why this is such an excellent run company.Clive
- At a time when I had been made redundant, I lost all of my confidence and you really helped boost that, particularly with the belief that I could move into a sector that other recruiters had said I wouldn't be able to get into - so thank you! Your service is fantastic, with the personal touch that makes all of the difference rather than just being another candidate or a CV in a huge pile! I will be recommending you to any of my friends that are looking for their next placement. Thank you for believing in me.Julia
- From a candidate perspective, working with SmithCarey has been a unique experience. Based on cultural fit, integrity and Mark's inate ability to understand the clients business and turn their brief into the person with the best fit. They have stood out above any other executive search agency by treating the client as a person and being honest at all times. The process was handled with complete professionalism based on total commitment to both parties. They have provided invaluable support and reassurance in every detail at every stageChristina
- I found SmithCarey to be extremely professional in all my dealings with them. They went to great lengths to find out what it was I was looking for to ensure the best fit for available job roles. The opportunity to meet with them and chat about the job available and obtain unbiased details of the role and people I would be working with was invaluable in helping me to make my decison and ultimately ensured no-ones time was wasted. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending their services to friends
- Mark and Colin offered their services as a sounding board when I began looking for a new challenge. They were as good as their word, and I consulted with them to get to a decision on a few positions, including the one I ultimately secured. All of this was done without SmithCarey being involved in that role, so they provided this service without earning a penny.Steve
- I found Mark Smith exceptionally professional in all my dealings with him, and felt well informed throughout my selection process. Without doubt, I wouldn't have been successful in gaining my current role without the guidance and support I received from SmithCarey.Stuart
- My experience with SmithCarey was an enriching path of apprenticeship, the professionalism and coaching in every single meeting that I had was fundamental for the success on my job search. SmithCarey is much more than a recruitment company, the honesty and integrity in all meetings and the constant information and feedback make the job recruitment process for the candidate a totally satisfying experience. Finally I want to highlight the true interest that SmithCarey put to understanding what the candidate is looking for and to match that with what the company needs, resulting on a great outcome. Congratulations to this great Team.Gustavo
- The impressive fact for SmithCarey is their understanding. They understand the markets they work in, they understand the businesses they are recruiting for, and most importantly they understand the requirements of their candidates. In my experience this understanding allows them to recruit the right person in the right position.Simon - Kallo Foods
- It was nice to work with a recruitment consultancy that really made the extra effort to understand exactly what I was looking for. Throughout all stages of the recruitment process, they kept me well informed and went that extra step to ensure that the job was right for me. The support and focus to detail throughout was exceptional. I would have no hesitation whatsoever to recommend SmithCarey to others.Rob
- I have always found the knowledge, advice and professionalism offered by SmithCarey to be first class. Always acting with both integrity and honesty is highly reassuring in this market and with such a wide range of major clients you can be sure that this is only possible through the quality of service in all areas from the team. The personal touch and coaching offered helps candidates prepare appropriately to truly meet their needs and get the right job, whilst also satisfying the needs of the employers.Steve - Candidate
- I had moved to London without having any prior UK or global work experience, and was finding it extremely tough to find a good opportunity. What makes Smith Carey different is that they genuinely appreciated my 6 years of prior experience and outlined roles for me within my field of interest. I found them to be honest, encouraging and extremely helpful in their approach. In less than 3 months since my shift, I found the right role! Thank you so much - my shift to London would not have been smooth without your help. I would definitely recommend your services to all my friends.DhritiCandidate
- I first contacted Mark Smith upon recommendation in 2014 after returning from Australia where I had been residing for the past 3 years. Mark was clearly knowledgeable of the FMCG industry, but furthermore he was interested in exactly what my motivations were and what would be of interest to me. He quickly identified a realistic career path for me to follow and gave me the tools to obtain a role in FMCG. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mark and his team in the future and he would be the first person I contact should I require recruitment services again in the future.BenCandidate
- Having made the decision to further my career elsewhere, I started to contact several different recruitment agencies. However, there was only one stand out agency that I would recommend. When Smith Carey first contacted me and wanted a face-to-face meeting, I was a bit reluctant given the long drive required. I could not shout loudly enough about how beneficial that meeting was. They took the time to understand me and my needs but also gave me direct, constructive feedback that proved crucial when it came to interviews with prospective employers. Smith Carey are a friendly and personal agency and I will definitely be keeping in touch in the future.JonathanCandidate